The bankruptcy administrator of Canf frees money so that the staff finally receives a payroll

The bankruptcy administrator of the Andalusian Confederation of People with Physical and Organic Disability (Canf-Cocemfe Andalucía) has released an economic allowance so that the staff of the multi-purpose center for disabled people on Calle Portobelo, in Seville, can collect at least one of the many payrolls owed, according to Europa Press, the secretary of the Trade Union Action of CCOO-Sevilla, Carlos Aristu, who nevertheless states that the workers are waiting for the money to reach their accounts.

The bankruptcy administrator of the Andalusian Confederation of People with Physical and Organic Disability (Canf-Cocemfe Andalucía) has released an economic allowance so that the staff of the multi-purpose center for disabled people on Calle Portobelo, in Seville, can collect at least one of the many payrolls owed, according to Europa Press, the secretary of the Trade Union Action of CCOO-Sevilla, Carlos Aristu, who nevertheless states that the workers are waiting for the money to reach their accounts.

“Last Friday, the Andalusian Government advanced to Canf a pending payment and the bankruptcy administrator has announced that he has released the money for workers to collect the payroll for November, but the money has not yet been paid (in the accounts of the employees), “said Carlos Aristu, who celebrates that the workers, who have been carrying out their work for months and months to take care of the disabled but without charging, finally enjoy” something of life “.

Meanwhile, the staff and the multipurpose center are still subject to Canf-Cocemfe Andalucía, declared bankrupt, thanks to an extension of the concert with the Junta de Andalucía to finance the places of the residence and its care services, given that the original contract expired on February 28. Specifically, through the concert currently extended, the Junta de Andalucía covers 80 percent of the costs of places and families of users the remaining 20 percent.

Facua supports those affected

The president of Facua Sevilla, Manuel Baus, and its secretary general, Rubén Sánchez, have joined again this Wednesday to the samples of support to the collective of workers and users of this center.

While the regional administration negotiates with two entities of the sector, Vitalia, and the International Aproni Foundation, to sign a new contract regarding the concert of these places, Facua claims to the Andalusian Government “an immediate solution that goes through the continuity of service for users and ensure the work of the staff, composed of 38 people who have worked continuously despite accumulating defaults of their salaries of up to 24 months in some cases.

“The Andalusian administration has to ensure that the attention given to these users continues to be provided in the same center and by the same professionals who have carried out this task up to now, even though they do not receive their salary,” explains Facua.

On the verge of closure

Although the center in question began operating on January 27, 2012, that is to say, it has just completed a little more than three years of life, the managing entity has long suffered from economic problems and has finally fallen into a bankruptcy, since its squares are concerted to 80 percent with the Junta de Andalucía- check out here. The problems of CANF-COCEMFE Andalucía are such, according to the template, that it owes the workers of this center between five and 18 payrolls, according to each case.

Last February 28 the concert signed between Canf-Cocemfe Andalucía and the Board for the concert of the squares expired, since the Ministry of Equality, Health and Social Policies ensures that both workers and users of this center will remain in the same and the facilities will continue to function normally under the supervision of the Agency for Social Services and Dependency, until this situation can be resolved.

In this sense, the workers have told Europa Press that the regional government is negotiating with two entities in the sector, Vitalia, and the Aproni International Foundation, in order that one of them take the witness of Canf-Cocemfe in the management of these facilities.